Guarantee and after-sales service
OKMOS e-skateboards are covered by the compulsory legal guarantees, namely the legal guarantee for hidden defects and the legal guarantee of conformity, the conditions of which are laid down by law.
These two legal guarantees are not really adapted to electric skateboards, as they are subject to strong restrictions of use that can cause obvious wear and tear. This is why OKMOS also offers a one-year commercial guarantee for products, subject to the following conditions
Legal guarantee of conformity and legal guarantee against hidden defects
In case of implementation of the legal guarantee of conformity (articles L. 217-4 and following of the Consumer Code & 1641 and following of the Civil Code), it is recalled that :
- The buyer has a period of 2 years from the delivery of the goods to act;
- The buyer may choose between repairing or replacing the goods, subject to the cost conditions set out in article L. 217-17 of the French Consumer Code;
- The buyer is required to prove the existence of the lack of conformity of the goods during the twenty-four (24) months following the delivery of the goods;
- To benefit from the legal guarantee of conformity, the product must be in new condition, i.e. without any trace of wear and tear and in its original packaging with all its accessories;
- The legal guarantee of conformity applies independently of the commercial guarantee indicated below;
- This guarantee is not transferable on products sold second-hand.
In case of implementation of the legal guarantee of hidden defects (article 1641 of the Civil Code), it is recalled that :
- The buyer has a period of 2 years from the discovery of the defect;
- The buyer can choose between the resolution of the sale or a reduction of the price in accordance with article 1644 of the Civil Code
- Several conditions must be met: the defect was hidden, it existed at the date of purchase and it makes the product unusable;
- To benefit from the legal guarantee against hidden defects, the product must be new or close to new;
- This guarantee is not transferable on products sold second-hand.
The products sold are also covered by a commercial guarantee aimed at guaranteeing their conformity and ensuring reimbursement of the purchase price, replacement or repair of the goods. It does not cover defects caused by abnormal or faulty use or resulting from a cause unrelated to the intrinsic qualities of the products.
The foregoing provisions are not exclusive of the application of the legal guarantee of conformity of article L. 217-4 of the Consumer Code and the guarantee of defects in the thing sold of articles 1641 and following of the Civil Code.
The commercial guarantee applies under certain conditions to all electric skateboards purchased from the www.okmos.fr website. It is limited to the electric skateboards sold by OKMOS. The commercial warranty starts from the date of invoice, the buyer must be able to prove his purchase with the invoice or the order confirmation.
The buyer is expressly informed that the seller is not the producer of all the products presented in the sense of the law n° 98-389 of May 19, 1998 concerning the responsibility for defective products. For all these other products sold on the site www.okmos.fr, no commercial guarantee is offered insofar as the legal guarantees of conformity and hidden defects are sufficient.
The cost of return during the warranty period is at the expense of OKMOS in Metropolitan France. The buyer is requested not to take any action before receiving the return slip.
The deck (board + closing plate excluding inserts, screws and PUR gasket) of OKMOS electric skateboards is guaranteed for life under certain conditions. The warranty on the deck (board + closing plate excluding inserts, screws and PUR gasket) does not cover the following items:
- Excessive load on the assembly;
- Rain, snow and moisture;
- Any impact resulting in irreversible damage;
- Normal wear and tear of the board such as scratches.
In addition, electric skateboards purchased from www.okmos.fr carry a 12 month commercial warranty on all of the following items:
- Battery: 12 months warranty (except in case of visible and obvious defect due to humidity or shock). To avoid any doubt, acceptance of these terms and conditions means that the purchaser accepts that the battery of the electric skateboard is a consumable;
- Battery charger: 12 months warranty (except in case of visible and obvious defect due to humidity or shock);
- Remote control: 12 months warranty (except in case of visible and obvious defect due to humidity or shock);
- Motor: 12 months warranty (except in case of visible and obvious defect due to humidity or shock);
- Electronic controller: 12 months warranty (except in case of visible and obvious defect due to humidity or shock).
However, the conditions of eligibility for the commercial guarantee offered by OKMOS are as follow :
- The buyer undertakes to be truthful about the consequences of reporting a defect;
- The buyer undertakes not to disrespect the OKMOS team;
- The defects reported must be in accordance with the reporting process outlined in these terms and conditions;
- The buyer must contact customer service before deciding to post the defect on social networks.
The seller specifies that all buyers are free to write and post whatever they wish on the social networks of their choice and to use the tone that suits them. It is reminded that all buyers are eligible for the commercial warranty; in the event that an exclusion decision or a termination of the warranty should be applied, OKMOS customer service will send written proof with the triggering fact.
The following are the triggers for exclusions and terminations of warranty eligibility :
- The buyer has deliberately damaged the image of the OKMOS brand by denigrating its products on social networks without having taken the trouble to contact customer service beforehand as expected in the event of a proven defect;
- The buyer lied about the consequences of reporting a defect;
- The buyer did not bother to follow the reporting process and disrespected the OKMOS team.
The commercial warranty offered by the seller does not cover all the wear and tear elements of the electric skateboard which are and will be subject to the consequences of the practice and use of the product. It is thus reminded that the following are excluded from this warranty
- The grip ;
- The trucks and their components;
- The wheels;
- The bearings;
- The belts;
- The motor & wheel pulleys;
- The screws and bolts of the whole electric skateboard.
Furthermore, the seller excludes from the commercial guarantee the electronic elements in case of non-conforming use (practice in the rain, in puddles, cleaning with a water jet, practice with two people, on slopes or climbs with too great a difference in level), without maintenance, intensive without precaution, or in the case of bad storage. It should also be noted that the seller will void the commercial warranty if the buyer has opened the cover plate, modified or opened the electronic elements.
Any repair work carried out by the seller’s technical department does not give rise to an extension of the commercial guarantee. No commercial guarantee is therefore given on mechanical or electrical parts or on repairs outside the guarantee period.
If you have a problem or question about your product, please consult the general instruction manual and the FAQ. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact us via the contact form.
We will then analyse your request and propose an appropriate solution. Upon receipt, if the problem is covered by the warranty, all costs will be covered by us. If the problem is not covered by the warranty, we will send you an estimate for the repair.
The equipment must be returned in its original packaging with the protective covers. If you no longer have the original packaging, the packaging of the product will remain at your expense and risk. The equipment must then be returned in suitable packaging with protection.